What are the advantages and disadvantages of flexible circuit board?Next, the professional flexible circuit board manufacturer of Yongmingsheng will show you the advantages and disadvantages of flexible circuit board.
FPC: FlexiblePrintedCircuit, or flexible board in Chinese.Conductor circuit patterns are made by means of optical imaging pattern transfer on a flexible substrate surface and etching process.The surface layer and inner layer of double-sided and multi-layer circuit board are electrically connected through metallization holes. The circuit pattern surface is insulated by PI and rubber layer.
Advantages of flexible circuit board
Flexible printed circuit boards are printed circuits made of flexible insulating substrates, which have many advantages that hard printed circuit boards do not have:
1. It can be freely bent, wound, folded, arranged according to the requirements of spatial layout, and moved and expanded in three-dimensional space, to realize the integration of component assembly and wire connection;
2. The use of FPC can greatly reduce the size and weight of electronic products.It is suitable for the development of electronic products towards high density, miniaturization and high reliability.Therefore, FPC is widely used in space, military, mobile communications, laptop computers, computer peripherals, PDA, digital cameras and other fields and products
3.FPC also has the advantages of good heat dissipation, good weldability, easy connection, low comprehensive cost and so on. The design of the combination of soft and hard makes up for the lack of bearing capacity of flexible substrate components to a certain extent.
Disadvantages of flexible circuit boards
1. High one-time initial costs: Since flexible printed circuit boards are designed and manufactured for special applications, the costs of starting circuit design, wiring, and photo plates are relatively high.It is usually best not to use soft-printed circuit boards for small applications, unless there are special needs for them.
2. Soft printed circuit board is relatively difficult to change and repair: once the soft printed circuit board is made, it must start from the base drawing or programmed light drawing program, so it is not easy to change.Its surface is covered with a protective film, which should be removed before repair and restored after repair.This is a relatively difficult job.
3. Limited size: soft PCB is usually made by intermittent method, so it cannot be made very long and wide due to the limitation of the size of the production equipment.
4. Improper operation is easy to damage: improper operation by installation personnel is easy to cause damage to the soft circuit. Welding and rework require training personnel to operate.
The above is organized and released by flexible circuit board suppliers.For more information about circuit boards, please search "ymspcb.com", welcome to consult us!
Searches related to flexible circuit board:
Post time: Apr-28-2021